Archive for the ‘Recipes’ Category
Ahh the wonders of Facebook, All I did was say I was looking for easy appetizers and boy did I get them. I received one from my HS friend Susan Kober that I thought I would share. Thanks Susan, this looks great!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
• 8 oz pkg cream cheese
• 12.5 oz can cooked chicken breast meat in water (drained)
• Frank’s Hot Sauce (about ½ cup…maybe a little more…enough to make chicken saucy, but not soupy)
• Shredded cheddar cheese (about a cup)
1. Heat oven to 350°.
2. Spread cream cheese in the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish.
3. Drain chicken meat and break apart with a fork in a separate bowl.
4. Add hot sauce and mix through chicken…add more sauce if chicken isn’t well coated…it’s not an exact thing…remember, saucy, not soupy.
5. Spread chicken mixture on top of cream cheese.
6. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese…again, add a little more cheese if you’d like…enough to cover the chicken mixture.
7. Bake for around 20 minutes…until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve hot with Frito’s Scoops and/or celery sticks.
One of the latest recipes to become my favorite is the 7 layer salad. I was pretty excited when I came across this one that is served on Pillsbury crescent rolls. Of course it is a Pampered Chef recipe.
2 (8 oz) pkgs refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup miracle whip
1 clove garlic, minced
6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained and crumbled divided
1 cup frozen peas, thawed, divided
3 plum tomatoes, sliced
2 cups thinly sliced lettuce
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Unroll one pkg dough across one end of a bar pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan.
3) Repeat with remaining package of dough to fill the pan.
4) Using rolling pin or your fingers seal seams and press up sides to form crust.
5) Bake 12-15 min until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack, cool completely.
7) Mix cream cheese, miracle whip and garlic until smooth.
8) Add half the bacon and half the peas and mix well.
9) Evenly spread cream cheese mixture over cooled crust.
10) Arrange sliced tomatoes over cream cheese mixture.
11) Sprinkle remaining bacon, remaining peas, lettuce, cheddar cheese and onion over tomatoes.
12) Cut into squares and serve.